Happy Birthday, Madison Joy!



Baby Mads,
One whole year. I can't believe you've already been here for a whole year. It feels like just yesterday that we were at the birth center, in disbelief that you had decided to come early. You were so tiny, sweet, and perfect. 








It took us a week to decide on your middle name, and now that you are older, it's so clear why we picked it.
Madison JOY, you have made this year the best year of our lives. I don't think I've ever had a happier season of life. 



You have smiled at us during some dark days and given us a reason to smile through the tears. You have been an example of God's faithfulness and goodness.  You have literally been God's grace in our lives.
God knew we needed our hearts needed you. 


I think our favorite thing about having you for a daughter has been watching you with other people. It's like you can sense when someone is having a bad day or is feeling lonely. You get grumpy, gruff men to smile at you at the grocery store, and your 96 year old great-great-grandpa to clap and play with you. We have watched interactions between you and other people where we have literally sensed the holy spirit's presence in you pouring out into the other person's life. 



We listened to a lot of Josh Garrels music while I was pregnant. You were even blessed to go to one of his concerts a couple weeks before you were born. :) We prayed a lot over your life before you were born, and we continue to pray often for you now. We don't know how long God will grace us with you. (I wish I controlled your destiny, but I do trust the One who does).



 I can start to worry about your future and what it holds, but I often hear a still, small voice telling me to enjoy every minute with you. "Do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow has enough worry of its own." I have really tried to enjoy every single day with you- the little moments and the big ones. I've been very thankful that I have been able to stay home with you. It's been quite a feat to work part time from home for Remember Nhu and be a full time mom to you. I can't say I've always done it perfectly, but we made it to a year and we both still love each other!



 I love that you look so much like your daddy and the way you call for him in the mornings when you get up from your nap. I love that you have him wrapped around your finger. You are his most favorite person in the whole wide world (after me of course). I'm pretty sure you know that already. ;)



Madison, there is so much more I want to say about this year and all the ups and downs and all the learning Justin and I did as parents but I just have to say that we thank God multiple times a day for you. I don't know how we got so lucky but we don't take it for granted. We love you more than you will ever know.
      ~Mom and Dad
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Would you partner with me?

Why am I asking other people for money?

Ways to support Breanna Henrick