Would you partner with me?




 

Last week I chatted via phone with the founder of Remember Nhu and received wisdom on being a missionary and connecting the people around me to the ministry.
 How often is it that the founder of an organization will take time out of their busy schedule to call someone simply to encourage them?
 This is one of the first things that drew Justin and I to partner with Remember Nhu. We immediately saw a sincere and genuine spirit in the founder, Carl, and his wife, Laurie. Both are so humble; filled with God's wisdom and agape love. 
To learn more about the founder and how the organization was started, read here: https://remembernhu.org/our-founder/




Education 

The other reason we were drawn to Remember Nhu was because we believe prevention is the most effective way to combat sex trafficking, and it's a work very few are doing. If you can prevent children from ever entering the sex trade, you protect their innocence and their future. 
 Is there anything else you would rather be a part of than giving the most vulnerable generation a voice and protect their joy and well being? 

                                   




I will be officially starting with Remember Nhu on October 23rd.

Just a quick recap: I will be working as a "Child Sponsorship Coordinator". 
Initially I will be helping to update their online database to create a more fluid form of communication between sponsors and the children in the homes. Remember Nhu has grown exponentially this year, and as a result, there are many ways they need to update and organize themselves to continue to be effective. I'm excited to be a part of this process! 
As I settle into things, I will be adding more variety to my workload. Having already spent time working on childrens' bios and updating pictures, I know these children were truly given so much hope by the opportunity to live in a Remember Nhu home. So many of these children have lost one, or both, of their parents. All were in a dire situation due to poverty, drugs, culture, or a combination of those things. These dismal circumstances put them at risk for being sold into the sex trade or child marriage. Remember Nhu identified these at-risk children and gave them the opportunity to live in a home where their physical, emotional, educational, and spiritual needs are met. 

 Remember Nhu has given these children a future and changed the path of generations to follow. Remember Nhu has been successful in stopping entire villages from selling their children by giving them an alternative.


10




I am asking that each of you would consider being a partner with me in the work Remember Nhu is doing around the world.

I believe God has laid it on my heart to find 20 individuals/couples/families to be my personal partners- would you consider being one of those?

Here are the 3 ways you can partner with me:

1. Partner financially in a monthly capacity. 
This keeps you connected to what is happening in a very tangible way by receiving updates and staying connected to the new and exciting things God is doing through Remember Nhu. I find I am more apt to follow a ministry that has my money, and it's a good monthly reminder to focus on eternal treasures. God has been so faithful to Justin and I, and we know He will provide the right partners to come alongside me in this capacity. To learn more about the nuts and bolts of my finances, read this blog post:  http://againsttheordinary.blogspot.com/2017/08/why-am-i-asking-other-people-for-money.html

2. Partner prayerfully with me. 
GirlsYou can pray for me as I step into this new venture. You can also pray for Remember Nhu in specific ways shared via email updates. I don't take this lightly because I know that God works when we pray. I covet and value your prayers.

3. Partner with me in an advocate role.
Invite Justin and I share at a dinner gathering to learn about sex trafficking and what Remember Nhu is doing. Post about Remember Nhu on Facebook. Connect us to your church, bible study, or business to share. There are many avenues people can give to Remember Nhu: give to a staff member (such as myself), sponsor a child, sponsor a project, or give a one-time gift. There are also ways people can give of their time and volunteer, overseas and in the states. Having people who will take the initiative to advocate for Remember Nhu is an important and needed role!

If you want to partner with me in one of these 3 ways, would you email me back and let me know? If you want to learn more but aren't at a place to partner, please don't hesitate to communicate with me. Email me at breanna@remembernhu.org.


One more note, I updated my blog ( http://againsttheordinary.blogspot.com/ ) where you can click on the "subscribe" button at the top and receive an email update every time I post something new. For those who have received this via the email chain, you will continue to receive all blog posts pertaining to Remember Nhu and sex trafficking, in addition to specific ways to continue to pray for, and partner with, us.

I brainstormed a lot of "ideas" and "dream jobs", but none of them settled right until God brought to my attention the need for missionaries to work stateside for Remember Nhu in ending child sex slavery. God's purposes and plans are far beyond are own; I am full of joy that He has given me the opportunity to be a part of ensuring the earthly and eternal freedom of so many children. 
Thank you for considering being a partner with me. 

I can promise you that while you bless these children, you in turn will be the one blessed and changed.

                                           6



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why am I asking other people for money?

Ways to support Breanna Henrick